Our client Xaar, a world-leader in industrial inkjet technology, wanted to spread awareness about High-Speed Sintering for volume 3D manufacturing.
We were tasked with positioning Xaar as a leader in 3D Printing. It was also necessary to tackle perceptions that 3D Printing was only for prototyping and short runs
by persuading people that, via high-speed sintering, volume manufacturing is possible.
We opted to run an open day for journalists at Xaar's state-of-the-art 3D Printing facility on the Nottingham Science Park. Working with Xaar's communications team
- Targeted key journalists from the 3D Printing sector, as well as selected ones from engineering, industrial, and print
- Organised all the logistics of their visits, including date, transport, timings, dietary requirements, and more
- Provided full briefs on Xaar and its work in 3D Printing before the journalists attended
- Prepared materials both physical and digital for journalists to take away after the open day
- Developed a full itinerary for the day, including an introductory talk, tours of the facility, lunch, and a Q&A session with Professor Neil Hopkinson, the
inventor of High-Speed Sintering, and his team
The day was a true success, with a host of journalists attending from key titles such as TCT Magazine, 3D Printing Industry, The Engineer, and Engineering &
Technology, resulting in:
- A dozen print and online articles and blogs that spread Xaar’s message to insiders across all key industries
- A flurry of social media posts including videos of Xaar’s 3D Printing processes that were viewed thousands of times
- An invitation to Professor Hopkinson to speak at The Engineer conference
- Several sales leads that were generated by the press coverage
- Nomination for Xaar’s 3D Printing capability at the 3D Printing Industry Awards in the category of ‘Innovation of the Year’. And Xaar won!
- Helping to change perceptions across the relevant industries about the potential of 3D Printing – and Xaar – to harness 3D Printing for volume
Contact us today
to find out how we can deliver for your PR and
To find our more about Xaar and its world-leading
drop-on-demand inkjet and 3D technologies visit www.xaar.com.